Thursday, May 6, 2010

My First List

This was my first week buying nut free, so I was particularly nervous and tried to play it safe. On kosher.com I am assured that things are kosher, but I am not able to read food labels at all. (Attention makers of kosher.com: if you are reading this, please add clear copies of all food labels to your website). On peapod, I can see fairly clear images of the food labels, but their kashrut labeling is not always accurate or complete.

See what I'm dealing with here?

Anyway, here is a list of products which are both kosher and nut free:
  • Of Tov Chicken Breast Nuggets (I was worried about peanut oil)
  • Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry Shells
  • Arnold Stone Ground 100% Whole Wheat Bread
  • Heinz Ketchup
  • Galil Sun Dried Tomatoes in Oil
  • Lieber's Cut Hearts of Palm
  • Fleischmann's Unsalted Margarine Sticks (B'H! What would I do without this in my kitchen?!)
  • Butterflake Challah (the whole bakery is nut free!)
  • Rold Gold Pretzels Tiny Twists
Don't worry. I also bought a healthy assortment of fresh fruits, vegetables, and produce, but the above-listed items were ones that I was concerned about. I played it fairly safe this week and didn't buy a lot of snack foods.


No comments:

Post a Comment